That’s right, a Blackberry Swirl Pound Cake. This dense delight has swirls of sweet blackberryness in every bite. Although it takes over an hour to bake, trust me, it’s worth it. Say goodbye to your bowl of cereal and say hello to heaven!
You could use any berry you want, raspberries and blueberries are more than okay to use. Mixed Berry Swirl Pound Cake anyone? With a dollop of some freshly made vanilla whipped cream? Say goodbye to the perfect summer body and say hello to the perfect summer breakfast/snack/dessert!
Blackberry Swirl Pound Cake- Courtesy of Martha Stewart
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 ounces blackberries (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used Chobani Fat Free Greek Yogurt for even more tang-yum!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a food processor, puree the blackberries and 2 tablespoons of sugar. In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and the sour cream, alternating between them.
- Add 1/2 of the dough into the loaf pan and spread to the edges with a spatula. Dot 1/2 cup of the blackberry puree on top . Add on the remaining dough and then the remaining puree on top.
- Take a knife or skewer and swirl the batter and the puree together.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for at least 30 minutes before taking out of the loaf pan.
- Eat the entire loaf before anyone else gets any….or not 🙂
Excuse me while I hide this delectable dense delight before anyone else can get to it.