Once peanut butter makes its appearance in a recipe, my eyes are immediately drawn. So when scrolling through Annie’s Eats I knew these had to be made. So my friend J came over and we baked. It’s what friends are for, right? 🙂 Anyhoo, these scrumptious little muffins joined me on the 2 1/2 hour plane ride and 1 1/2 bus ride to Tennessee, which turned out to be a very handy dandy thing to have around come lunchtime. These are great for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert…well everytime! Filling and delicious, yum!
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins: Thanks to Annie’s Eats
Makes about 18 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 18 muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, Mix together the applesauce, brown sugar, eggs, mashed bananas, creamy peanut butter, and buttermilk until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in 2 parts, making sure to fully incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter between the tins and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
Did I mention YUM?
If not, YUM. 🙂