I’m not monkeying around here, these are some awesome muffins 🙂 They’re even pretty good for you! Now I’m the kinda girl that could have fruit for dessert and call it a day, but these count as fruit, right? In my world they are 🙂
My soon-to-be-chef mom is helping me with getting recipes from cookbooks that she loves, so I was happy to make these from a cookbook classic, the Joy of Cooking. There’s nothing wrong with going back to the basics, and these muffins are just a little bite of happiness, added to your day. 🙂
Banana Muffins- Makes 12
From The Joy of Cooking
- 2 large ripe bananas (about a cup mashed)
- 2 tablespoons fat free greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 tablespoons applesauce (you can use butter if you want ;D)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray (or paper line) 12 muffin tins
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake flour, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the bananas and the greek yogurt until combined. Then add the eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and applesauce until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet in 2-3 batches until fully combined. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*Note* If you don’t have cake flour, the proportion is 1 cup cake flour=1 cup-2 tablespoons all purpose flour.