Yep, that’s me, the dork that goes to chamber music camp over the summer. It’s only about a 1/2 hour away from my house, and when I found out that I had 4 hours of classes a week, although I had signed up for the sleep away program I just came home at night. Which means I get to bake. More like I was determined to bake, because it had been far too long since freshly made muffins were present in my house. And these Vanilla Crunch Muffins from How Sweet Eats just sounded too good to pass up. 🙂
Vanilla Crunch Muffins- Makes 15
From How Sweet Eats
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup vanilla sugar **
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans+ more for garnish
- Sugar in the Raw (Turbinado Sugar) for garnish
- Sweetened Shredded Coconut for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 15 muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, applesauce, greek yogurt and egg until creamy and light yellow. Add the vanilla extract. Add the flour and the baking soda. Add the milk. Mix! Add in the chopped pecans until fully incorporated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
**Note: Vanilla Sugar is just granulated sugar that has a few vanilla beans in the container with it. Granulated sugar is fine. If you would like to add a vanilla bean along with granulated sugar, that works too.
Excuse me while I go inhale the entire plate 🙂