I have never been a snickerdoodle fan. It just wasn’t special to me. When there were cookies with chocolate and nuts and M&M’s, a plain cookie with some cinnamon and sugar just didn’t ring a bell for my tastebuds.
However, when your sister is as picky as my sister, once you find a recipe she’s even willing to try is amazing. So between my brother having a friend over, my sister willing to try it, added with my curious mind= snickerdoodles. And boy was I right choosing this recipe.
Thanks to How Sweet It Is for this delectable recipe 🙂
Makes 16-20 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray 2 cookie trays
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar with and electric (or hand) mixer, about 3 minutes. Add in the egg and the vanilla extract and combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 parts, fully incorporating before adding in the second part. Add in the milk to help mix.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and coat the cookies. Press them down ever so slightly and bake them for 10-12 minutes ( I did 11 and came out perfectly)
- Inhale. 🙂
So there you go, a cookie that can put a smile on anyone’s face. 🙂