Hello there! Sorry for the absence, I’ve been getting back into the swing of things with my sophomore year starting off on Thursday, making time to see my best friend, and baking for my grandparents anniversary and my aunt’s birthday. While my mom, and my best friend and I were at our local market, we saw some AMAZING looking zucchini blossoms that were calling to be made into something amazing. So while we were there, we picked up the blossoms and some zucchini to make this zucchini bread. The end result was super moist and had a nice floral note because of the blossoms. The recipe makes 2 loaves, but because we only had one loaf pan, I made the others into mini muffins, because everything is better when it’s a mini. (No I’m not prejudice just because I’m 5 feet tall)
Zucchini Bread with Zucchini Blossoms: Modified from Bubby’s Brunch Cookbook
Makes 2 loaves or 24 muffins
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (I used roasted!)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable (canola) oil
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar (light or dark is fine)
- 2 cups grated zucchini ( 1-2 medium zucchini)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped zucchini blossoms
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or pistachios (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 9x5x3 inch loaf pans
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil and sugar. Stir in the zucchini and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture into the egg mixture until just incorporated, with no flour remaining. Fold in the chopped zucchini blossoms and the nuts.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 pans and spread even. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-20 minutes before removing from the pan, and enjoy!
Now if you’ll excuse me while I go inhale the entire loaf. 🙂