Muffins are the best food ever. They’re not as sweet as cake, more versatile than cookies, and the perfect breakfast/lunch/dinner/dessert/snack treat in the world. Mini, regular sized, or as-big-as-your-face, there’s no such thing as a bad homemade muffin. So when these bananas started to get to the end of their life, I just had to use them! So I bring you these muffins.
They start out like most other muffins, with a batter (duh). And then they’re topped with crumb. Since the muffin top is clearly the best part of the muffin, why not just make it better with buttery-sugary-cinnamony goodness? I wish I could get all of you some of these muffins, but I can’t. I ate them all. 😉
Banana Crumb Muffins- Modified from All Recipes
Makes 12 Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter (or more 😉 )
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees and grease (or line) 12 muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- In a small bowl, mid the flour, cinnamon, and butter. Mix until it resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
Did you say something? Sorry, I was too busy enjoying these muffins. 😉