It’s been awhile since I’ve had this much time to bake! School let out for break yesterday, so this upcoming week will be full of baked goodies and breakfast recipes to help spice up your holiday week.
If you haven’t been able to tell, I love cranberries. Their tartness is a wonderful contrast to the sweetness that baked goods have, along with being festive and pretty. When I stumbled upon these cookies on Epicurious, I knew that they had to be in my mouth instantly. These cookies will make those people who claim to “not like cranberries” quickly fall in love with this magical fruit. The distinct tartness of the cranberries pairs so well with the sweetness of the chocolate, and the texture of the oatmeal in the background is exactly what you need to make these cookies oh-so-amazing. After stuffing yourself with thumbprints and fudge until you feel like you’re going to explode, I hope that you’ll try out these truly awesome cookies. Have a very happy holiday! 🙂
Triple Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 30 cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (1 1/4 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Beat together the sugars and the butter until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Add in the flour mixture and the oats until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and the cranberries.
- Spoon evenly onto baking sheets and bake until golden brown, around 16 minutes.
This are a nice twist from your traditional holiday cookie, and once you have one, you’ll be addicted!