I hope you are all having a very happy holiday! Mine has been filled with family and the lovely smell of baked goods all around me. 🙂
These cookies have been everywhere in the food-blogging world. How could they not be? It’s a cookie stuffed inside of another cookie! Since everyone was virtually raving about this decadent cookie from the Picky Palate, I knew that I had to try these out for myself. Ohhhhh boy. Not only is the chocolate chip cookie recipe a keeper, but the way that the cream inside of the Oreo gets all warm and melty, these cookies are like a party in my mouth. If they weren’t the size of my head, none of these cookies would have made it past day one. These cookies are more than just a clever idea, but a very delicious one at that!
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 15 GIANT cookies or 2 dozen moderately giant cookies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) softened butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 ounce bag of chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 1 package Oreos (I used double stuf!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour and the baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and the butter. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract until just combined. Add in the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Take one Oreo, and using a medium sized cookie scoop, scoop out the chocolate chip cookie dough and put one scoop on either end of the Oreo. Smoosh down the dough until the sides are closed.
- Bake for 9-13 minutes, or until they are baked to your liking. (I ended up doing mine for around 15 because I made GIANT cookies). Enjoy!
I think I’m in heaven. Happy Holidays! 🙂
(P.S. I know you love the Hannukah mat! :p )