I can’t tell you how long I’ve waited for this day. In the past 5 days, I have taken 2 AP tests (both longer than 3 hours), played in my final orchestra concert at MSM of the year, and taken music finals on top of that. So after what seems like the world’s longest work week, I’m finally done! This means that I only have 4 academically strenuous classes in school, I’m no longer in the competition season for gymnastics, and I’m (almost) done with all of my music testing, aside from my music final and the orchestra audition this Saturday.
Now that my life has toned down considerably, I’m really hoping that I will be able to post and bake much more frequently than I have done this entire year. One of the fastest, easiest, and tastiest things to bake are cookies. They come together in 10 minutes tops, and within 30 minutes, you have yourself a delicious, warm, gooey cookie entering your mouth. Along with many of the things that I have made, these were not enjoyed by my family, but rather by all of my friends at school. Between 30 teenage boys and girls, these were gone within the hour (and they even tasted good too!). This quick n’ easy recipe came from Kirbie Cravings, and these will certainly leave you wanting for more. 🙂
Soft and Chewy Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 2 dozen larger cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp nutella
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare 2 cookie sheets.
- Mix together the flour and baking soda. In an electric mixer, mix together the butter and the sugars. Add in the eggs and the vanilla extract until fully combined. Add the nutella.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop onto the cookie sheets and bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on how you like your cookies.
Life is too short to not eat cookies. 🙂