This week has involved TONS of baking- the best kind of week. Despite the fact that I try to post on a regular basis about what’s going on in my kitchen, I frequently don’t actually get a chance to bake every week, especially since my Saturdays are spent at the Manhattan School of Music most of the time. I actually baked for my English class this week, and the post on the pound cake that I made is coming soon. First up is these muffins.
Over Memorial Day weekend, my mother had some of her culinary school buddies come up and enjoy the lovely, 90 degree weather with us. In my last post, I talked about how I had made some muffins before my mom’s friends came up, and we had some very ripe bananas that were begging to be made into a delicious muffin. The coconut and the chocolate chips just make this muffin irresistible, and you won’t regret these being a part of your breakfast. 🙂
Something that I’ve realized is vital in the world of food blogging is taking great pictures of food, so hopefully, with the help of my mom’s Nikon D90, I’ll be able to take photos that will leave you drooling. 🙂
Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins- From Technicolor Kitchen
Makes 12 muffins
- 280 grams all purpose flour (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 grams sugar (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare 12 muffin tins.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder in a medium bowl. In a stand mixer, combine the canola oil and the sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla extract. Once combined, add the mashed bananas. Add in the dry ingredients in multiple additions until just combined.
- Remove the batter from the stand mixer and fold in the coconut and the chocolate chips until evenly dispersed. Using an ice cream scooper or a spoon, fill up the muffin tins 2/3 of the way up. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
Such a simple muffin that guarantees lots of smiles. 🙂