Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your Labor day! I survived my first week of school and now that was the last blast of summer before I truly get down to business. I headed back to gymnastics this week after taking a full week off, so no crazy new things. I experimented with some really cool floor choreography and I’m still in the search for some great floor music! Feel free to throw out some suggestions!
What do you know, another fantastic summer fruit recipe. Instead of using all of the perfectly ripe peaches (peach recipes are coming!) I saw some fantastic looking fresh apricots at the store and needed to find a recipe that would just let the fruit shine. If you’ve never had a fresh apricot, the outside is similar to the texture of a peach, but the inside is sweeter. With just some puff pastry dough to hold the gorgeous fruit in, this super simple recipe from BBC is an easy crowd pleaser. Simple, delicious, basically healthy…? 🙂
Apricot and Raspberry Tart
- 3 Large sheets filo dough
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam, melted
- 6 ripe apricots, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 3 ounces raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375, let the filo dough thaw, and set up one baking sheet.
- Brush each layer of filo dough with melted butter and fold the sheet over itself, making a small rectangle. Use your fingers to fold in the edges and make a 2 cm boarder. Brush the boarder with the melted jelly. Slide the filo dough onto the tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scatter with the apricots. Glaze with any leftover butter. Bake for 10 minutes, then take it out, add the raspberries, and bake for another 10 minutes.
So simple, so pretty, so delicious…what’s not to love?