I couldn’t love spring more if I tried. I was the lucky one out of my siblings and I don’t have to worry about wheezing at the sight of the beautiful cherry trees in our front yard or getting itchy red eyes if the windows in my car are left open. Typically, spring can also be a stressful time of year for me, but I didn’t have to take my end of year jury at MSM and I only have a few days left of school before I start my senior internship. It’s crazy how time flew by after all of my college acceptances!
I know I’ve mentioned it here before, but my mom runs a pretty cool website called The Weiser Kitchen, and now that I have time (???) it’s fun to test out her recipes once in awhile. These bundt cakes were given to me because the first time they didn’t turn out too well, but the addition of coconut oil and some RTTC magic, and presto, some delicious bundt cakes. Enjoy!
Mini Toasted Coconut Bundt Cakes: A TWK/RTTC Original
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups toasted coconut
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the coconut oil and the sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure each is fully incorporated before the next addition. Add the vanilla paste (or vanilla extract).
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Alternate adding the coconut milk and the flour mixture until just combined. Add the toasted coconut and fold in until just combined.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
We can put off the whole “get fit for summer trend” until next week, right?