Hello there again fellow bakers!
I modified this amazing recipe from Gingerbread Bagels
I switched it up a bit though.
See, I made this because my sister is going away to camp for 6 weeks. And she doesn’t like blondies. Because she’s picky, and because she’s my little sister.
I forgot to take pictures of the steps and all because I was too annoyed at the lack of BUTTER in my household. We have dried chrysanthemum flowers but no BUTTER? There is something wrong with this equation.
That’s what aunts are for though, right? She was so kind to bring me to the grocery store and buy butter with me 🙂 (along with my multigrain low fat waffles :p)
Here’s my modified version, but I’m sure if I had stuck with the original way, they would have turned out better.
- 1 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Baci bar (I used Lindt with Hazelnuts) chopped/broken into pieces
1. Set the oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8×8 baking pan
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the light brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Once combined, add the eggs in.
4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients (half and half is what I generally do) and fold in. Be careful not to overmix!
5. Add the chopped up Baci bar to the batter and fold to combine
6. Put in the oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center. (You can add some chocolate chips/ baci bar pieces to the top so they get all melty and yummy :D)
7. Set aside to cool and then glob on the delectable Nutella Buttercream!
- 7 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1-1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. In a bowl, mix together the butter, Nutella, and vanilla extract
2. Once well mixed, add in 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, followed by 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
3. Repeat step 2 with the remaining powdered sugar and heavy cream.
4. Use all the willpower to have NOT to eat the entire bowl while mixing (electric mixer works best, I used hand) on high for 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
Spread the ooey gooey buttercream on the brownies and enjoy!