When you combine the crumbly goodness of a blondie with the crunch and the warm flavor of a nut with just a touch of toffee bits, what’s not to love? My brother is notorious for complaining about how much I bake with peanut butter, so I figured I would take a break from the endless peanut butter (recipes to come 🙂 ). So, I thought it would be nice to take a break from not only peanut butter, but make a bar cookie- something I haven’t made in awhile. And boy did he love these. So will you!
Toffee Cashew Blondies (from Martha Stewart)
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted cashews
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking dish.
- Mix together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Cream together the brown sugar and the butter. Add in the eggs and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture until well combined. Mix in the cashews, toffee bits, and butterscotch chips (if you’re using them).
- Bake until golden brown, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs, about 42-45 minutes.
Nutty and Blondies. What’s not to love? 🙂