Let’s face it, the smaller something is, the more adorable it is. Babies are cute, puppies, kittens, and even short people! (We prefer petite ;D) And this theory is no exception to muffins. Mini muffins are those adorable 2 bite snacks that you know you can’t resist. So when I saw a recipe for Mini Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins in The Biggest Loser Cookbook, they had to be made. Because they were miniature.
When my soon-to-be-chef mom took my sister, my best friend and I into the city to buy the products for culinary school, I just had to get a few baking gadgets while I was there. :). So along came the mini muffin pan, and a doughnut pan too! (A.K.A. What I’m making tomorrow for breakfast!) I love the mini muffin pan, it’s something you should look into.
On with the muffins!
Lemon Poppy Seed Mini Muffins
Makes 28 Mini Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup honey (I used blueberry honey! Don’t use Agave though!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Poppy Seeds (you can vary from as little as 2 teaspoons to about 2/3 cup, depending on how poppy seedy you like your muffins!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the mini muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, egg whites, honey and vanilla extract until well mixed.
- Pour in the flour mixture in 2 parts until incorporated. Add in the lemon zest, juice, and poppy seeds. Mix until just incorporated.
- Scoop into the pans and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in a center muffin. Cool for 5 minutes then enjoy!
Yummy and adorable, what more could you want?